Monday, September 17, 2012

Eli the Chef

Eli is a great Chef, in the making.  He loves to play in the kitchen.  He can play in the kitchen for hours if I let him.  Last week he helped me make muffins.  I put the pouch in he add the water and he stirred it.  He was in heaven.  I helped him put the mixture in the muffin pan.  He also helped me carry it to the oven.  

This morning he made eggs.  I was surprised.  I had put the pan and the eggs on the stove.  Turned around for not even a minute.  When I turned back around I saw that he  was messing with the egg carton.  I told him to stop messing with the eggs.  I looked over at the pan and noticed that he had put an egg in the pan. The reason he was messing around with the egg carton, was because he was putting the broken shell back in the egg carton.    I than grabbed the camera and asked him to put an another egg in the frying pan.  I than of coarse took pictures of him making eggs.

                            This is a picture of the first and second egg Eli put in the frying pan.
                              The first egg he put in is perfect.  There was no even one shell.
               Here is the first picture of I got of him putting the egg in the frying pan.
                       Eli was standing on the ground and could not see inside the frying pan.   After this picture I         went and grabbed the stool so that he could see into the frying pan and also so he would not burn himself,             because the stove was now on.  

Here is Eli hitting the egg on the stove top so the egg can crack.  I never taught him this.  Yet I know he learned this from watching me and Andrew cook all the time.  If we are cooking Eli is there watching us.  He is cracking the egg just like his dad does.  

I think I let Eli crack like 6 eggs.  He did a great job.  He new when it was time to stop hitting the egg on the stove and to open the egg over the frying pan.  He also new not to put the shells in with the eggs. 


    Here is Eli stirring the eggs.  He knows that the frying pan gets hot so he makes sure he doesn't touch it.  

Eli cooked better than I did this morning.  He cracked  a lot of eggs open  and I cracked one open.  Guess what there was egg shells in the egg that I cracked open.  Eli only had one egg where he got egg shells in it.  I know he will be cooking better than me by time he is well today two years old.

No comments: