Friday, October 30, 2009

Jealous of my kids.

I am so jealous of my kids. In more ways than one, but this time of year I am jealous because they get candy. Not that I want that much candy. There is something about going trick or treating that is just thrilling to me.

My husband's work had a trick or treating party at his work. 2 building of trick or treating.

My kids where done trick or treating after about half of the first building.

They were done. I wanted to keep going.

Don't you want more candy. I ask.

No they were done.

I don't think that a 5 gallon ice cream bucket is enough Halloween candy.(At least there is tomorrow too.)

So on the way to our friends house I was like I am so jealous of you kids. I wish that I had my own bucket of candy.

You should have heard my kids giving me the lecture about to much candy. It was quite funny.

My response was it is not about the candy it is about getting the candy.

For a moment I wish I was a kid again. The kid in me at time just wants to come out and play.

So if I ever come to your house to trick or treat just indulge me and give me some candy. If you are ever on a float and I am screaming "I want candy" just through the candy. If you are ever a waiter/waitress at a restaurant and I tell you it is my birthday I am telling you because I want you to sing to me. So sing to me.

Anyone else ever jealous of your kids?

1 comment:

Rachel and Todd said...

Um, yeah, I think Todd's jealous of Henry all the time. Like that he can spend all day with me (haha, j/k), and that he plays with Legos and takes naps! It's fun to be a parent though and kind of re-live some of childhood through your kids.