Sunday, October 4, 2009

My 30th Birthday

Today at 4:43 am I turned 30. I can't still believe where have the last 30 years gone. I have been nervous to turn 30 not sure why.

My 29th year has not been the best year for me. I have had parents move, friends move, and brothers move (My sister had already moved). I got strep throat last October. From January to April one kid was sick after the other. Andrew had kidney stones twice. I think the saddest of all was losing my baby.

We have a had some good things happen. We were able to buy our first house. I won't lie I feel cheated because I have longed for a house and I finally get one and it is over shadowed by the miscarriage. As happy I was about getting our house the pain I felt form losing my baby was stronger.

Anyways I had a wonderful Birthday. My Dad and sister Amber surprised me with a visit. My Dad lives in Texas my sister Idaho. It was a present from my sister Amy who lives in Spain. I had a wonderful time with them. We ate ice cream, took a walk, ate pizza, took a drive up Nebo Canyon. My sister and I on Saturday went to Chile's for a girls night out.

On Sunday My Dad and Sister wanted me to go up and see my Grandma and my Aunts and Uncles and Cousins. I said sure. When I arrived my family was waiting for me they through me a surprised birthday party. I was very surprised. I love my extended family very much. They where worried about me and wanted to let me know they loved me and so they through me a party. I am indeed very loved. One sad thing did happen after the party, I had to say goodbye to my Dad and sister Amber. They had to go back to Idaho. I will miss them very much.

We ended the day by going to my mother in laws house for dinner. It was a birthday celebration for my husband and I. My husbands birthday is on October 9. A quick side note we have the exact same numbers in our birthdays. Mine is 10-4-1979 and his is 10-9-1974. If you can't do the math fast enough my husband will be turning 35. My mother in law made enchiladas they were very good. She also made this very yummy peach dessert.

Thank you to everyone who made this a wonderful birthday. I think I am ready for what my thirties will bring.

5 comments:

kimberly said...

Happy Birthday! I do hope this will be a much better year for you!

Becky said...

Yay, you blogged!! This year WILL be better, I just know it!! And thirties is the new twenties, right?? I'll be totally into that theme once I'm thirty. LOL

Thanks for being such a great friend for so many years. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday. It sounds like it was a fun party, and especially exciting to see your dad and sister. I hope the rest of your year goes well!

Rachel and Todd said...

Happy, happy birthday!! I hope it was a great day. 30's not so old! I hope this year is better!! :)

Mike and Jenn said...

Happy Birthday...that was wonderful that your dad and sister could come and visit...I'm so glad they threw you a surprise birthday party...how fun! Good luck with the new year!