Monday, May 24, 2010

Decade Ago.

A decade ago today I became a mother for the first time. 10 years ago today Caleb Nephi Ottosen was born. I was young when I had him. I was 20 1/2. He was a big baby weighing in at 9lbs and 6oz. He was 22 inches long. Today he is still a big boy. His feet are bigger than mine, he is almost as tall as me.

sorry about the poor quality of picture Caleb was born before we went digital. I wish I had more pictures of him as a baby and as a little boy. I do have pictures of him when he was little they are just not on digital pictures.


Here is about 7. It was crazy hair day and since we were going to cut it anyways we thought we would just cut it crazy for one day.


At times the last 10 years have gone by so fast. Sometimes I wish I could rewind time and hold this little boy again in my arms and rock him and kiss him. Okay so he isn't so little anymore. He became a boy so fast to fast. And now he is a pre-teen.
He is a great son. He is a awesome big brother. He is kind. He has a very tender heart. He loves to help people. He likes science and Math. He hates to read, only because he has a really hard time with it. He loves to play soccer. He is such a boy sometimes. Just this morning we was like "mom since it is my birthday do I really need to take a shower. I responded with well if you don't you might smell and kids might make fun of you. He responded with "I don't care." I said okay but make sure you put deodorant on. Such a boy to rather stink than have to take a shower.

I feel like I am starting the 2nd half of his childhood/teen years. I am really scared. It seems like it is about this age that kids start to be mean to each other. He has one of the purest hearts ever. He has a very special spirit about him. I hope he is always like this. I am just scared that his peers are going to be mean and with the meanness take away that pure heart. I have cried ofter with the thought of that. I wish I could just take away and hide him from all of the crap that can come with your teenage years. Not that the teenage years are all crap. But we all know that they can be hard years.

Caleb made me a mom. I am so happy that I get to be his mom.

Happy Birthday Caleb.

No comments: