Monday, January 12, 2009

Family Night

This story is not for the faint at heart or those with a weak stomach. This story may make you gag, or it might make you laugh because it happened to me and not to you. I am sure when my kids are all grown I will be able to write a novel about this subject.

What is the subject you are asking.

Are you really sure you want to know?

Why don't you read the story and find out.

We decided to go out to dinner. Andrew was in the mood for a good buffet. So we ended up at Golden Corral. We were enjoying our meal. Did I mention I am trying to potty train a certain 3 year old. Any guess yet on the subject. As I was enjoying my plate of mashed potatoes. Oh how I love mashed potatoes. I noticed that Azalea peed on her seat so I of course cleaned it up after all it was just pee. Just as I finished cleaning that up. And yes I was going to let her sit in her peed panties. After all she was standing on the seat eating. I turned just for a moment and this is the part where if you have a weak stomach you should stop reading.

When I turned back to her I noticed yes poop on the seat. I grabbed a napkin and picked up the poop picked up my 3 year old and headed straight for the bathroom. Praying that nothing "else" would fall. Would you know this would happen when It was just me and the little ones at the table. Not sure what to do I ran to the bathroom with Azalea leaving Josh at the table hoping I would run into Andrew, Caleb or Marysa. It was Marysa who I ran into. So quickly I said go to the table and watch Josh. Oh how I love that Caleb and Marysa are old enough to help out.

So I made it to the bathroom with nothing "else" falling to the ground. I frantically pulled down the changing table. Pulled down her princess panties (which by the way are currently in the golden corral garbage). As I pulled it down of course it got all over her legs and some Flew out of her panties and I mean it flew out. I think It "it" landed in about 3 different places.

Wipes I need wipes. Oh there is only about 3 left. This is a 100 wipe change. Thank goodness for paper towels, soap and water. It did the trick. I cleaned off the 3 year old cursing in my head that she is going back in diapers and that I hate potty training. I cleaned of the changing table with soap and water. After all "the stuff" did land on the Changing table. It make it worse some lady came into the bath room and when straight to a stall and started throwing up. So here I am cleaning up the "mess" and hear some stranger throw up. So are you laughing so hard you are running to the bathroom to pee or are you running to the bathroom to throw up your self.

I waited to tell Andrew the story until he was done eating. When we got into the car Caleb says mom tell us the story now. So for about the next 15 minutes we talked about poop. Yes we did. The kids just laughed as I told story after story about poop. Hey they are the reasons I have story's about this subject. Marysa is still the queen of poop story's.

We had a wonderful family night.

1. went out to eat
2. Azalea poops
3. We talk about poop.
4. We go to the Provo Temple to talk about Eternal Families.
Just a funny thing. Andrew ask the kids if they had any questions about the Temple and Marysa ask "Dad how old is Phineas and Ferb" What where did that come from.

One day I just might right my novel about my adventures of ...

I hope you enjoyed yet another potting training moment.

My advice to you. Only have kids that are born potty trained.

4 comments:

kimberly said...

Wow...I'm glad I haven't started potty training Ethan yet! And I'm afraid to begin...

Your story made me laugh. :-)

Mike and Jenn said...

Don't you love the potty-training days? I'm sorry your family outing wasn't exactly how you planned it to be. Good luck!

Dalling Family said...

Yuck. I don't envy you and I am not looking forward to potty training. I think I will skip that step.

Tiffany said...

I hate it when I don't have enough wet wipes! So frustrating. I haven't started Noelle yet, I am so lazy!