Friday, March 6, 2009

Boy panties

I decided to buy Josh some underwear. I know that he is only 21 months, but I figured that if I let him were underwear once a day that maybe he would catch on a lot faster than Azalea did.

This idea really only lasted about 1 day. Mostly because I keep forgetting to put them on him.

Which brings us to today.

Josh took off his diaper and started to put on Marysa's panties.

I look at him and I quote " Lets go find you some boy panties." unquote.

So what exactly are boy panties? It is what a mom calls underwear because for the last 4 1/2 years she has had little girls in the home.

I must confess that this will take me awhile to say underwear instead of "boy panties."

How do I know this because it took me forever to learn to say panties instead of underwear when Marysa was being potty trained.

As I have been writing this I have been wondering why I keep saying " Boy panties" when I have a almost 9 year old boy . Well it is because this almost tween wears boxers.

So the word underwear has not been in my vocabulary for years.

So Joshua please forgive when I tell you to go and get your "boy panties" on.

2 comments:

kimberly said...

:-) lol! How is Andrew doing? Were you guys able to get some rest?

Rachel and Todd said...

That's so funny. "Boy panties"-haha. At first I didn't realize why that was wrong until I realized that boys definitely don't call their under clothing panties. That's funny.