Friday, October 10, 2008

Kidney stone and a birthday

It all started the morning of the 8th. Andrew called me from work saying that he was in a lot of pain and that he was sweating alot . I told him to go to insta care. He drove from about 20 miles in the most pain in his life. He was told at insta care that they thought it was a kidney stone and that he needed to go to the er. He calls me from insta care to pick him up because he can not drive. It is about 10:00 am at this time. I had just finished cleaning the living room. I got the little ones ready as fast as I could. called My mother in law and asked if she could watch Josh and Azalea at while we were at the Er she graciously said yes and met us at the ER.

The ER confirmed that it was a kidney stone and they gave him tons of pain meds. They said it was about 3mm big and that he would be passing it on his own. We came home around 2:00 pm.

He took the rest of the day just sleeping and relaxing. The meds they gave him were working they were keeping the pain way.

He sleeps well this night and wakes up feeling pretty good. IT is also his 34th birthday on oct 9th. In fact he feels good enough that we go and eat lunch at Olive Garden for his birthday. He had been saving money just for this day. Still most of the day goes pain free granted he is on top of his meds. Fast forward to about 10:00 pm. The pain becomes unbearable he has already taken 2 pills and nothing is happening so around 11:00 pm I call my dad so that he can come and watch the kids while we go yet again to the ER. He comes to watch our sleeping kids.

We get to the ER and we wait in the waiting room for about 40 minutes and it was a long forty minutes Andrew hurt so bad. He finally get in they give him alot of pain medicine and as soon as he is comfortable they send us home. We get home around 2:20 am.

We go right to sleep. Andrew still has not passed the stone as of this morning October 10Th. He seems to be comfortable at the time the meds are still working. I sure hope he passes it soon.

What a present to get to have a kidney stone on your birthday. Poor Poor Andrew

3 comments:

kimberly said...

How Horrible! I hope he feels better soon! Please wish him Happy Birthday for us! :-)

Becky said...

Man, what a downer way to celebrate a birthday! I thought it was right around now..

Can you believe our men are so OLD???

I bet after this experience that Andrew drinks water like no other...

Tiffany said...

Ouch! I know how he feels. I have had a kidney stone before and you feel like you are dying. I hope he is feeling better by now!