Sunday, October 5, 2008

Mother daughter outing turns in scary a moment

This is marysa looking over the river.
Part of me was sad to see what has become of Bridal Veil Fall. IT is in ruins. This is a picture of one of the old structures. It is sad that my children can not experience it the way it use to be. However the scenery is still beautiful.


Marysa took this picture. She did a great job I added the boarder.
She loves taking pictures.
Now on to the scary moment .

Marysa and I decide yesterday that we were going to go back up to the canyon today. See yesterday was my 29th birthday and I love it when the leaves change and i wanted to get some pictures of the kids with the changing leaves in the back ground. I was able to get some very cute ones i will post it next. IT was raining yesterday so we only spent about 20 minutes up there. Marysa loved it up there and so her and I decided we would go back up today.

We left after the first session of General Confrence. We had a nice little drive. We decide to stop at Bridal veil falls. It was so beautiful up at Bridal Veil. I talked marysa into taking a picture for the reflection contest that the school does. The theme this year is WOW. She started to look for things that where wow. She said that "wow is for waterfalls" . We kept taking pictures and i said do you want to go on a little hike and she said sure.

so we started up the trail to the waterfall we stopped along the way to of corse take pictures. What happened next is the most scariest thing that has ever happened to either one of us.

We didn't get to far when all of a sudden we heard a big bang and then I heard falling rocks. My first thought was that there was going to be a big rock slide and that Marysa and I were going to get swept away by the rocks. I heard people yelling get off the mountian I heard people say cover your heads. At one point I actually saw the rocks falling. They were about 50 feel away.
I yelled Marysa watch out she thought I said Marysa there is a fire. So I grabbed her hand and we ran down the mountain and we ran It almost felt like we were flying down the mountain. When we were about to the end we heard the people say that it was okay. Because I was on the mountain I could not see where the rocks were coming from and were they were going.

All I knew is that I could hear the rocks falling and that we need to get off the mountain. We made it off safe. We sure where shoocken up though. My legs just wanted to fall beneathe me my heart was beating so fast. Marysa poor girl she was so scared but really only because she thought I said Marysa there is a fire.

There were other people on the mountain but I think everyone made it off okay.

We leave and decide to go to to south fork were we where yesterday. We were there only about 10 minuted because we heard to really loud booms again and it scared both of us. So we started walking back to the car. On the way to the car we heard yet another boom and this time it was really loud. Marysa starts running to the car she could not get out of there fast enough and to tell you the truth either could I. What were those big booms who knows. It could have been a gun or thunder. To us however it was the sound that was made right before the rocks started falling at bridal veil.

We made it home and we told Andrew about are near death experience. For the rest of the day marysa kept saying " mom i keep having dreams about the rocks " what she means is she keeps thinking about the whole experience. I told her honey you will most likely think about it all day. Even righting this story right know is making my heart beat faster and my hands are shaky. I just hope that she does not have a nightmare.

I am so grateful that we are safe and that we have another day to be with are family.
Angles where watching out for us. I am home and with my family. My wonderful family.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Moses smell the roses, that's CRAZY! Can't even begin to say how scary that must have been, esp. with one of your kids with you.

Glad you're ok!

kimberly said...

Wow! I'm glad you guys are okay! Scary! By the way, your pictures in the changing colors of fall are beautiful!